Apple has seeded prerelease builds of OS X 10.8.5 Supplemental Update, iTunes 11.1.1, Safari 6.1, and Java for OS X 2013-005 to employees.
OS X v10.8.5 Supplemental Update (12F45) 1.0:
The OS X v10.8.5 Supplemental Update is recommended for all users running OS X Mountain Lion v10.8.5.
● Resolves an issue that may prevent certain applications from using the FaceTime HD camera on mid-2013 MacBook Air systems
● Fixes an issue that may cause external drives to be ejected after the computer goes to sleep
● Addresses an issue that may prevent HDMI audio from working after waking from sleep
● Fixes an issue that may prevent certain USB Bluetooth adapters from working
iTunes (1111A11) 11.1.1:
This update resolves an issue that may cause iTunes Extras to display incorrectly, fixes a problem with deleted podcasts, and improves stability.
Safari (537A134) 6.1:
Safari 6.1 for OS X Mountain Lion contains new features, including:
● Shared Links. See links shared by people you follow on Twitter.
● Sidebar. See your Bookmarks, Reading List, and Shared Links in one convenient place.
● One-click bookmarking. Just click the (+) button to the left of the Smart Search Field to add a webpage to your Reading List. Click and hold to add it to the Favorites Bar or to your Bookmarks.
● Safari Power Save. Increase energy efficiency by playing only the plug-in content you want to see.
● Third-party data blocking. By default, Safari blocks third-party websites from leaving cookies and other types of data that could be used to track your browsing.
● Built-in Yandex Search. Leading Russian search engine Yandex is now an option for Russian users.
For detailed information on the security content of this update, please visit: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222
Java for OS X 2013-005 (11M4603) 1.0
Java for OS X 2013-005 delivers improved security, reliability, and compatibility by updating Java SE 6 to 1.6.0_65.
Apple will likely release these updates to users in the near future.