Some of the additional Time to Walk guests include:
- Anthony Joshua, British Olympic gold medalist for boxing and two-time Heavyweight Champion of the World.
- Cynthia Erivo, Grammy, Emmy, and Tony Award-winning actress, singer, songwriter, and producer, as well as Academy Award, Golden Globe, and SAG nominee.
- Joan Benoit Samuelson, gold medalist in the first-ever women’s Olympic marathon and winner of multiple international marathons, including Boston and Chicago.
- Marsai Martin, award-winning actress from the hit show “Black-ish” and the youngest working executive producer in Hollywood at age 14 for her feature film “Little.”
- Michaela Jaé “MJ” Rodriguez, actress and singer known for her role in the award-winning drama “Pose.”
- Naomi Campbell, supermodel, activist, and businesswoman.
- Randall Park, actor, writer, and producer appearing in both the Marvel and DC universes, and in the TV series “Fresh Off the Boat.”
- Dr. Sanjay Gupta, a practicing neurosurgeon and CNN’s chief medical correspondent.
- Stephen Fry, actor, writer, and presenter.
Each Time to Walk episode is shaped by stories about the guest’s personal, life-shaping moments and includes lessons learned, memories, thoughts on purpose and gratitude, moments of levity, and other thought-provoking topics — all recorded while the guest is on an intimate walk in a location that is meaningful to them. The narrative comes to life through photos that appear on Apple Watch, perfectly timed to amplify a corresponding moment the guest shares. Following their stories, guests introduce a short playlist of songs that have motivated or inspired them, so the listener can discover new music or hear an old favorite in a different light while they continue their walk to a soundtrack intimately connected to each guest.
Artist Spotlight Series
Music is a fundamental part of Fitness+ and close integration with Apple Music lets Fitness+ trainers access an expansive library of songs to fuel workouts and keep users motivated. On June 28, Fitness+ will introduce the Artist Spotlight series, where the entire playlist for a workout is dedicated to a single music artist, starting with Alicia Keys, Jennifer Lopez, Keith Urban, and Lady Gaga. Every Monday for four weeks, new workouts featuring each artist will appear in the service across different modalities. Workout types include Cycling, Dance, HIIT, Strength, Yoga, and Treadmill across music genres such as Upbeat Anthems, Latin Grooves, Top Country, and Hip-Hop/R&B. Inspired by these Fitness+ workouts, Apple Music will kick off the Fitness+ Spotlight series also with a complete playlist for each individual Artist Spotlight musician, including motivating, high-energy tracks from their entire catalogs, as well as collaborations and remixes, for a one-of-a-kind workout soundtrack.
“Music’s unmatched power to motivate, inspire, and soothe makes it an essential ingredient to an amazing workout, which has been proven to help both our physical and mental health,” said Zane Lowe, Apple Music’s global creative director and host. “There’s no better way to supercharge a workout than with the musicians who are a part of the Apple Fitness+ Artist Spotlight series — from Lady Gaga’s signature dance-floor anthems and Jennifer Lopez’s energetic global smashes, to Keith Urban’s pop-tinged country hits and Alicia Keys’s sophisticated neo-soul. Apple Music is also taking inspiration from these workouts and creating our own one-of-a-kind playlists dedicated to each of these incredible artists.”