A Microsoft presentation detailing new features in the next Office of Mac release has been leaked online by cnBeta. The site just leaked details of Outlook for Mac 16 yesterday.
According to the screenshots, Microsoft is targeting a release date in early 2015.
They are investing in four key new areas: Modernization, Services & Cloud connected, Enterprise ready Outlook, and OneNote comes to Mac.
Re-designed user experience optimized for the modern Apple platform with full support for retina display. Aligned with the look and feel of Office on Windows. Support for new Office 2013 features and capabilities.
Service and Cloud connected:
New Office identity. Seamless integration with Office 365, SkyDrive and SharePoint. Easy access to your most recently used documents. Features for easy collaboration.
Enterprise ready Outlook:
Improved reliability and performance. Online Archive. New features including Propose New Time, weather forecast in Calendar, push mail support and category sync.
OneNote comes to Mac:
High fidelity page viewing and full support of page editing and formatting. Share your notes with others, easily track changes and who made which specific change in shared content. Sync notes sync across PC, phone and tablet.
There will also be some changes to Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
Analyze and visualize your data in new and intuitive ways:
● The modernized user interface organizes tools and formatting like in Office for Windows.
● The Quick Access Toolbar makes accessing vital tasks fast and easy. Also available in all other apps in the suite.
● Support for Excel 2013 functions for easier file sharing between platforms.
Create, collaborate and effectively share your ideas:
● Threaded Comments let you easily see and reply to comments in your presentation.
● Ribbon brings the familiarity of Office for Windows to your Mac.
● The Presenter View helps you focus on your audience and not on your slides when presenting with a second screen.
Enjoy a state-of-the-art reading, writing and editing:
● New and improved features focus on reading, sharing, and polishing your documents.
● Expand and Collapse gives you a one-click option to hide or reveal paragraphs under their headings.
● Reply Comments helps you easily track comments right next to relevant text. See who replied to whom and when so you can have helpful conversations where they matter.