VLC for iOS has been updated with numerous improvements including support for foreign language subtitles, UPNP discovery and streaming, FTP server discovery, streaming, and downloading, playback of audio-only files, and more.
VLC for iOS is a port of the free VLC media player to iPad, iPod and iPhone.
It can play all your movies and shows in most formats directly without conversion.
It allows file synchronization with Dropbox, iTunes, direct download and through an embedded upload web server.
What’s New In This Version:
This version is a new release with new features and numerous fixes:
– Add support for subtitles in non-western languages
– Add UPNP discovery and streaming
– Add FTP server discovery, streaming and downloading
– Add Bonjour announcements for the WiFi Uploader’s website
– Add playback of audio-only media
– Add Deinterlace option (off by default)
– Newly implemented menu and application flow
– Improved Subtitles support, VoiceOver and accessibility support, video output on external screens, Passcode Lock and so many other
– New translations to Bosnian, Catalan, Galician, Greek, Marathi, Portuguese, Slovenian
You can download VLC for iOS from the App Store for free.