Microsoft has released an update to Lync 2013 for iPhone that lets users join a meeting if they don’t have a Lync account, view more information about meeting participants, easily start a group conversation, and more.
Anyone can use the Lync Mobile app when invited to a Lync 2013 meeting. However, you must have a Lync account in order to use (and enjoy) the full capability of the Lync Mobile app. Also, some functionality might require an update to Lync Server or might not be available to all users. If you’re not sure about your account status, please contact your IT department.
Lync 2013 for iPhone extends the power of Lync to your mobile device – including voice & video over wireless, rich presence, instant messaging, conferencing, and calling features from a single, easy-to-use interface.
• View shared meeting content during a conference, on your mobile device
• Invite additional participants to an existing conversation or conference
• Rejoin an ongoing conference after you left it
• Control attendee participation by muting or removing them if needed
• Transfer your calls to another phone-number or another contact
• Pick-up your conversations from the point you ended them
• Option to clear your entire conversation history
What’s New In This Version:
– Join a meeting even if you don’t have a Lync account
– View more information about meeting participants
– Support for certification and passive authentication
– Easily start a conversation with a group
– Microsoft Customer Experience Improvement Program support
You can download Lync 2013 from the App Store for free.
Leave a Reply