OmniGraffle 6, a new version of the popular diagramming app, has been released on the Mac App Store.
Need a diagram, process chart, quick page-layout, website wireframe or graphic design? OmniGraffle can help you make eye-popping graphic documents quickly by keeping lines connected to shapes even when they’re moved, providing powerful styling tools, and magically organizing diagrams with just one click. Whether you need a quick sketch or an epic technical figure, OmniGraffle keeps it gorgeously understandable.
OmniGraffle 6 is a completely redesigned version of the application, offering integrated Inspector and Stencil windows, a brand new Resource Browser to manage stencils and templates, new artistic Fill and Stroke styles, improved Shared layers, powerful Shape Combinations, better Image Masking and Cropping, and a bevy of other new features.
• OmniGraffle 6 offers a complete User Interface redesign from the ground up.
• Application resources such as Templates and Stencils, etc. can now be fully managed from within the application.
• Improved and powerful controls have been added to edit and mask placed images directly on the canvas.
• New artistic Fill and Stroke styles have been added, such as Freehand, Stipple, and Marker.
• A new and powerful Font Inspector is now available.
• Zoom levels have been increased to 6400%!
• The color and position of manual Guides can now be set by hand, and can be dragged from one canvas to another.
• A new List Mode has been added when viewing Stencils.
• Line Labels have a new setting that allows the text to follow the path of the line.
• Document scale: Specify a document scale (e.g. “1 in = 2 ft” or “100 px = 1 km”) to create accurately scaled floorplans and maps.
• The application now runs in a Sandboxed environment.
PRO FEATURES (AVAILABLE VIA IN-APP PURCHASE)
• Visio import/export: Open Microsoft Visio documents (VSD or VDX) directly in OmniGraffle, as well as with Visio stencils (VSS) and Visio templates (VST). Export to Visio XML documents (VDX).
• Shared layers: When you have common elements that you’d like to display on different canvases, shared layers make it easy to keep them updated. Layers can now be toggled between a normal and a Shared layer.
• New controls to specify which edge or center of an object is reflected in the Geometry Inspector have been added, along with the ability to set the X and Y coordinates of a selected vertex point.
• Shape combinations: Easily create new shapes using combinations of existing shapes (with support for union, intersection, and subtraction). Combined shapes can now be uncombined into their starting component shapes.
• Favorites: Save your most commonly-used object styles for quick access in a drop-down menu on each drawing tool.
• Resolution-independent Display Scale: When zoom is at 100%, match an Apple point, PostScript point, or screen pixel.
• Photoshop export has returned, and supports the export of OmniGraffle layers to Photoshop layers.
• Notes: An object with a note displays the note in a tag when you rest the pointer over it for a moment; click the note inspector to view and edit the note. The Notes and Data Inspector now allows unique naming of individual objects.
• Subgraphs: Use subgraphs to expand and collapse segments of your diagram just like you can expand and collapse rows in outline view.
• Tables: Group shapes using tables, making it easy to add new rows or columns of your template shape.
• Multiple editing windows: You can have multiple editing windows on any one document, so you don’t have to switch from canvas to canvas or zoom in and out to get your work done.
You can purchase OmniGraffle 6 from the App Store for $99.99.