MacID, an app that can unlock your Mac using Touch ID or a passcode, is free for a very limited time.
MacID requires a Mac with Bluetooth LE (Low Energy) running OS X Yosemite or later, and an iOS device with Bluetooth LE running iOS 8 or later. Please make sure your devices support Bluetooth LE before purchasing MacID for iOS.
• MacID works with multiple Macs at once.
• Unlock your Mac using Touch ID or your device passcode.
• Interactive notifications – you don’t even have to unlock your iOS device.
• Control your Mac’s audio; works with iTunes & Spotify!
• Manually lock your Mac remotely.
• Auto-lock when you’re away from your Mac.
• Proximity waking when returning to your Mac.
• Notification Center widget; unlock your Mac from anywhere on your iOS device.
• Share clipboard text between your Mac and iOS device.
• Choose between MacID’s standard colours or a more high-contrast UI.
• Full iPad support with split-screen display.
• Authorise with Touch ID for tasks like moving protected files to the Trash on your Mac.
Macs that support Bluetooth LE:
• MacBook Air from 2011 & newer
• MacBook Pro from 2012 & newer
• iMac from 2012 & newer
• Mac Mini from 2011 & newer
• Mac Pro from 2013 & newer
MacID for iOS needs to be paired with the MacID for OS X companion app, which you must download from http://macid.co/get
Leave a Reply