Secure Endpoint offers more as shown in new Forrester Wave report
At the publishing of the previous Q3 2019 Forrester Wave report for Endpoint Security Suites, Secure Endpoint was lauded as one of the least obtrusive security products to end-user productivity. Now, per Forrester’s Q2 2021 report, Cisco has increased its market presence to the next level and has moved upward from a Contender to a Strong Performer, well poised to break into the nearby Leader category for the next Wave report building on our strong strategy execution.
In the new Wave report Forrester succinctly pointed out; “the focus on endpoint security has increased as cyber risks shift from the network to the endpoints, prompted by increasing amounts of homeworkers and the bulk movement of data from enterprise network-connected data centers to edge devices.” And they go on to say that endpoint security SaaS customers should look for providers that are (1) current, (2) effective, and (3) built to integrate.
That fits Cisco really well as significant progress and innovation has happened in the last 2 years with Secure Endpoint, most notably with:
- Launching SecureX – in mid-2020 to unify, simplify and make our customer platforms the most efficient through enabling class-leading XDR,
- Introducing SecureX Threat Hunting – to uncover hidden threats faster across the attack surface using MITRE ATT&CKTM and other industry best practices,
- Releasing Secure Endpoint’s Orbital – and its advanced search capabilities to speed up investigations while offering over 200 pre-built customizable queries,
- Enhancing our behavioral analysis capabilities – to monitor all user and endpoint activity, even while the endpoint may be offline, protecting against malicious behavior in real-time, and,
- Creating an easy to buy licensing trio – of Secure Endpoint as Essential, Advantage and Premier to endpoint security customers of different budgets and needs.
Secure Endpoint Receives Recognition from other Analysts
Forrester is not the only Analyst group that has recognized Secure Endpoint advancements. Gartner just published on May 5th their Magic Quadrant for Endpoint Protection Platforms report and has moved Secure Endpoint upward from the Niche Players quadrant to the Visionaries quadrant, a significant ranking upgrade. Similar to Forrester, Secure Endpoint is well poised to break into the nearby Leader category for the next MQ EPP report.
The Super Strengths of Cisco Secure Endpoint
Here are some of the reasons why we believe Forrester recognized and promoted Cisco Secure Endpoint to a Strong Performer level:
- Compelling portfolio of SaaS-delivered security capabilities – Secure Endpoint focuses on endpoint threat prevention, automatic behavioral protection, and threat hunting through the Orbital Advanced Search capability and validated through our continued participation in lab tests such as MITRE ATT&CK and AV-Comparatives (Cisco named a Strategic Leader).
- Superior Breadth of Telemetry via XDR – SecureX platform acquires and correlates a broad range of telemetry sources, other than endpoint, across which detections and analysis can be made including web/email, network, cloud workloads, and other sources.
- Broad OS Support – for both client and servers of Windows, Mac OS, and Linux. Additionally, SecureX support is offered through browser extensions.
- Groundbreaking Zero Trust Framework – customers can enforce a Zero Trust policy on the endpoint where access levels and security controls are based on real-time risk and set by configurable triggers where application execution, privilege level, and/or runtime behavior can be set to a default-deny approach. While unifying the network and endpoint policies allow for better context and enabling precise control.
- Security Community Leadership – Cisco is a leading member of the endpoint security community and has a long history of involvement, e.g. our Talos Intelligence group which includes best-in-class in-house vulnerability research across many device platforms, frequent public announcements and regular contributions to academic journals and groups.
- Market-Leading Partner Ecosystem – Cisco has a broad set of third-party product integrations of 50+ partners, with a special focus on the SecureX ecosystem, as well as exclusive partnerships.
It’s not just the analysts, our customers see the benefits as well Forrester
Read what Customers say about their experience with Secure Endpoint in these compelling Case Studies: