Microsoft has made available a Windows 10 Technical Preview for anyone to download.
Microsoft warns that you should install the preview only if you:
● Want to try out software that’s still in development and like sharing your opinion about it.
● Don’t mind lots of updates or a UI design that might change significantly over time.
● Really know your way around a PC and feel comfortable troubleshooting problems, backing up data, formatting a hard drive, installing an operating system from scratch, or restoring your old one if necessary.
● Know what an ISO file is and how to use it.
● Aren’t installing it on your everyday computer.
If you want to test it you can install into virtual machine with out any worries. Here is quick guide how to do it with VMware Fusion installed on OS X Yosemite. At the end is also a video tutorial.
Step 1. Download Windows 10 Tehnical Preview
Step 2. Open VMware Fusion and add new virtual machine
Step 3. Select Install from disc or image
Step 4. Select Use another disc or disc image and find downloaded ISO file
Step 5. Select Microsoft Windows and Windows 8
Step 6. Save your virtual machine
Step 7. Now VMware Fusion will start install and just follow instructions on screen during install
Microsoft will try force you to sign in to your Microsoft account or to create. To avoid click Don’t have an account and then scroll down and click Sign in without a Microsoft account
Step 8. Now you just need to add your desired user name and finish installation
You are done, now you can test new Windows 10 on your Mac with help of VMware Fusion